Re: Full Ex/Im-port to New Instance, NT

From: <mjain_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 03:41:13 GMT

Yassir,

  Jurij has explained to you, and I also reiterate that OS authenticated users are no different than proper oracle password authenticated users. Only thing is you don't have to specify the password when you login as OS authenticated user as Oracle uses OS login as authentication method.

 All users ( Os authenticated ones or Password authenticated ) have their objects stored in the tablespaces ( and hence datafiles ) and are exported when you do a full export and later when you do a full import then full import can create them back for you if used properly.

  Don't give any irrelevant reason and please try it out, and then let us know, what problem did you face and what did not come in the imported database as a result of full import.

  I know you are making it it a presitge issue, don't think that I or Jurij want to put you down, we all are learning and not everyone knows everything, the aim of this newsgroup is to get imformed, learn things you don't know or you are confused/mis-informed, correct if you believe or know is wrong, and you have a different opinion.

 I can only say you have to try yourself then only you will know, if you find otherwise then please tell so that I can also learn that.

 take it as a healthy discussion..

 Jurij, thanks for your inputs on this discussions, if I were alone I would have left this topic alone sometime ago.

 We can discuss things and don't force anyone if they have certain beleifs already deeply set in their mind. Hope this clears the issue.

 Yassir, let us know what other doubts you have, again please try it and then make more comments.

 I am liking the discussion and would like to continue if you are interested.

thanks,

Manoj Jain
Oracle Certified Professional - OCP DBA Chauncey Certified Oracle7 DBA