Re: create instance in Oracle7.3.4 in HPUX10.20+

From: John Durst <jdurst_at_sky.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 22:33:12 -0500

To create and start and instance on HPUX you just need to set environment variables such as ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID and then do a startup nomount. There is no oradim command because there is no need for an equivalent of the NT Services on UNIX for the background processes and shared memory to stay around after you log out. Just create your parameter file, set the environment variables, startup nomount, and create the database.