Re: Which Platform To Use?

From: Susan Wilson <susanw_at_phx.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 08:51:16 -0700

I agree with Sisk ... go for Linux. What more could you ask for than a free OS? Have you seen the recent press-coverage Linux is getting ... it's really going to give Microsoft a run for their money. Major industry is slowly embracing Linux as a low-cost alternative OS - very solid. And, Linux runs circles around NT OS and even AIX from what I've heard, in terms of performance it's disk I/O is lightning fast. - sooz

--

    Thanks.

    Engineering System Administration
    Motorola Computer Group