dbsnmp memory leak

From: <dschl_at_powernet.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 13:10:40 GMT

Hi All:

I posted this one a few weeks ago and got nothing. Surely someone must have encountered this before -- Please help!

My dbsnmp is broken!

I'm running Oracle7 on a sparc workstation along with Netscape Enterprise server.

At boot time, the process table gets two copies of dbsnmp, each around 5 megs. Both dbsnmp processes grow in size until the system's swap space is exhausted and the system crashes.

How do I fix this? Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround without upgrading?

Thanks for your help.

-David

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Fri Oct 09 1998 - 08:10:40 CDT