Re: Full Ex/Im-port to New Instance, NT

From: <mjain_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 02:24:11 GMT

Yassir,

---You said---
>You have to Create all the Database Users As Well as Synonyms, Roles and
>Grants of all the database users, otherwise your import will not import all
>the exported data "user Objects"..

    If you have to create all these things than the purpose of FULL EXPORT/IMPORT is totally defeated.

    Believe me Oracle Full import will do it all for you. I think you never knew about it. Try it next time, let me know if you found otherwise, as I myself would like to know. I have done it myself a dozen of times.

Jurji, thanks for explaining it and also clarifying about the PL/SQL stored procedures which may be INVALID due the the order in which they get created at the import time. All such procedures will be recomplied at the time they are executed, so this should not be an issue. If someone thinks it is a problem then you can use Oracle Provided COMPILE_ALL utility could be used.

Yassir, hope this clarifies your misunderstanding.

hope this helps out,

Manoj Jain
Certified Oracle Professional - OCP DBA Chauncey Certified Oracle7 DBA