Re: Export/Import problem...

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 98 02:02:06 GMT

It is possible to edit the export file using textedit (not vi which seems to make the export file unuseable). Change the name of the tablespace to the one desired. But what is in a name? What is wrong with TS_A living in instance B? If this is just too confusing I believe your best bet may be textedit.

Good Luck.

In article <6vi679$m0n$1_at_news0.skynet.be>, "Thierry Poels" <PoelsT_at_DMA.BE> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>the create commands in the export-file contain the storage parameters,
>which obviously refer to the original tablespace and size.
>If you want to override these during the import, you have to create the
>table before the import.
>
>greetings,
>Thierry
>DBA & System Manager for VTB-VAB
>http://www.vab.be
>

>Jimmy wrote in message <361B52B1.6ED26519_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>...
>>Hello all,
>>
>> I have a problem about moving table from instance A to instance B.
>> I export a table to a file test.dmp (in instance A, the table is in
>>tablespace TS_A). I want to import this file to another instance B in
>>tablespace TS_B. How can I do this with import utilities?
>> The situation is as follows:
>> (I don't want to use copy command to do this)
>>
>> Original Target
>> Table Name: T_A Table Name: T_A
>> Tablespace: TS_A Tablespace: TS_B
>> Instance: A Instance: B
>> Owner: User1 Owner: User1
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Jimmy

Gerald P. Sinkiewicz
E-mail sinkiege_at_tiac.net Received on Thu Oct 08 1998 - 21:02:06 CDT