Re: managing locks

From: Ludwig Loraing <L.Loraing_at_delta-ii.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 20:17:49 +0200

Jim Poe wrote:

> I am trying to find and delete a persistent row lock. I tried to run
> catblock.sql, but it falls over on a select from x$kgllk.
>
> How do I set up the database to view existing locks and how do I delete
> unwanted locks?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Jim Poe
> <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>
> Fulcrum InteTech, Inc.

Hi there,

actually you can find locks in the synonym v$lock. With a second select like
> select * from dba_objects where object_id = id1;
where id1 is a column of v$lock, you can figure out the table and so on.

The view dba_lock_internal, that is created with the catblock.sql script shows you a little more about the lock.

Because the x$kgllk table is owned by the user sys you have to become this user. I did this with the svrmgr23 tool (under NT, Oracle 7.3), connect to
the instance and ran the script.

Try this!

If you or somebody else figures out how to delete these locks, please tell me!
I am sick of shutting down the database, just because the oracle server does not notice that a client died. By the way does someone know how I can delete such a session?

Thanks,

Ludwig
--
Ludwig Loraing