Re: rollback segments down after shutdown-startup

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 16:47:29 GMT

A copy of this was sent to gkor <gkor_at_rdw.nl> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 15:51:00 +0200, you wrote:

>hi there,
>
>I have a problem :
>
>We have Oracle server 7.3.4 on a NT 4.0 platform.
>The problem is that if i do a startup of the database (it doesn't matter
>
>on the server or on the client) and i make a connection via enterprise
>manager,
>i find that all rollback segments are offline!!!
>Am i missing something here, i just can't explain this.
>
>Anyone ?
>thanks
>gkor_at_rdw.nl

You need to list the rollback segments in the init.ora file. For example:

rollback_segments = (rbs_01,rbs_02,rbs_03,rbs_04,rbs_05)

will 'online' those five rollback segments upon system startup...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Thu Oct 08 1998 - 11:47:29 CDT