Re: Help with Oracle ConText Option

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 14:49:35 GMT

On 8 Oct 1998 08:19:57 GMT, coppari_at_remove.cirfid.unibo.it (Maurizio Coppari) wrote:

>In article <19981007093049.18948.00012377_at_ng86.aol.com>, timkarnold_at_aol.com
>says...
>>

>>The Context threads must be running!
>>From c:\orant\bin
>>
>>either run
>>
>>ctxsrv80 -user ctxsys/ctxsys -personality
>>QDM -log xxx.log
>>

>This does not work.
>
>>or
>>ctxctl80
>>start 1 dml
>>start 1 ddl
>>start 1 query.
>>

>This is great. I solved all my problems, thank you very much.
>The control program ctxctl80 is not documented (or I have not found it?) in the
>standard oracle documentation, is it WindowsNT specific?

This is documented in Chapter 3 of the Oracle8 ConText Cartridge Administrator's Guide, in the section "Managing ConText Servers". Where you see ctxctl in the documentation, this is the same as ctxctl80 on Windows NT.

>Thank you again.
>Maurizio

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Thu Oct 08 1998 - 09:49:35 CDT