Re: Problems with refresh

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 15:15:04 +0200

[Lukasz Rzepa]
>We have distributed database (Oracle 7) with one master site and several
snaphot
>sites.
>We had to suspend one of the snapshot sites. The problem is that master site
>still generate logs for suspended site. Our log table (mlog$_<table_name>) is
>growing which couse that refresh other sites is very slow (mlog$_.. table
contains
>2000000 records). Does anyone knows how to turn off snapshot site ?
>I can't delete all snaphots because this base is suspend only temporary.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if one of your snapshot sites is offline, snapshot log in master site must contain all information necessary to perform refresh of temporarily unavailable snapshot. In other case, applying changes to that snapshot would be impossible. So if snapshot log is purged, you wolud have to recreate snapshot because of lost consistency with master table/snapshot. Tertium non datur.

Piotr
--
  Piotr Kolodziej
  <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>