Y2k Server Testing, What's in a date?

From: Mike Oswald <minomaha_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 07:18:29 -0500

With all of the Y2K testing planned here at work and the fact that someone has determined all the DBA's need to do is change the NLS date format...

What is everyone else doing? How involved have you, as a DBA, or has your DBA's been in the Y2K process?

Is it simply a NLS data format change? It seems to me... there is more to it.

Please forward any suggestions... websites... comments on what I should be thinking about. We do have Developer & Designer 2000 in house... but they are not the core business tools. Oracle7 is primarily the backend database but we do have snapshots and some replication occurring.

Thanks!

-Mike Received on Thu Oct 08 1998 - 07:18:29 CDT