Re: Rename a Tablespace

From: sooz <sooz_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 22:25:37 -0700

Sbaiz wrote:

> There is a simple way to rename a Tablespace?
> I'd like rename my tablespace DATA_TS to DATA_A_TS.
> Has someone any ideas about this?
>
> Thanks in advance for any helps.
> SbaizP.

Export everything from DATA_TS and create the new tablespace. Give the user/owner quota 0 (zero) on DATA_TS and quota UNLIMITED on the new tablespace. Import the data. Check for validity and drop the old tablespace INCLUDING CONTENTS ... if you need to drop the DATA_TS tablespace after the export, for resource limits, then make sure you have the datafiles associated with the old tablespace backed up somewhere offline (from a good clean cold backup).

Good luck.
- sooz Received on Thu Oct 08 1998 - 00:25:37 CDT