HELP!: Oracle 8 and OWS2.1 on UNIX

From: DAVID SMITH <dsmith_at_hpti.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:37:29 -0400

All,

I am trying to install OWS 2.1 on a Solaris 2.6 box running Oracle = 8.0.4. I know Webserver 2.1 needs SQL*Net to talk to the database.

With NT: I would install Oracle 8 (w/ NET8) and configure the tnsnames = file in the NET80/admin directory and then install SQlNet and configure = the tnsnames file in the network/admin directory. Finally, I would = install OWS2.1 and it all works fine.

However, I am new to UNIX and when I install Oracle 8 (w/NET8) I only = get a network directory. Hence, when I try to install SQL*Net I can't = find it (even though the installer says it's there) because are not two = distinct directories (NET80 and network) with two distinct tnsnames = files.

Any ideas are info on how to get WebServer 2.1 working with Oracle 8 on = Solaris 2.6 would be greatly appreciated!!!! As it currently stands I = can only get the admin listener to work -- which is unacceptable. = Thanks in advance.

--David Smith
dsmith_at_hpti.com Received on Wed Oct 07 1998 - 19:37:29 CDT