tns: remote is fine, local hangs

From: <bracher_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 00:02:52 GMT

ok,

I've got an oracle 8.05 instance running, works fine. I can connect successfully from any machine on my network via tns _except_ for the machine that the instance is built on...

I don't get any errors. instead, tnsping or sqlplus just hangs and hangs. I've got a tnsping that's been sitting at

  $ tnsping rykers

  TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on 07-OCT-98 17:00:47

  (c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

for an hour now...

thoughts or suggestions?