Re: Oracle7.3 to Oracle8.0.4 migration problem on NT

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:53:08 +0200

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:22:39 +0200, Wei Tian wrote (in message <6vdn28$jaq$1_at_nntp2.ba.best.com>):

> I am doing migration from Oracle7.3 to Oracle8.0.4 on NT platform.
> Following the instructions on Oracle documents, I ran the mig80 utility:
>
> mig80 DBNAME=TEST NEW_DBNAME=TEST PFILE="initTEST.ora" SPOOL="MIGRATE.LOG"

snip
> I consulted the Oracle document but could not find anything related. Does
> anybody know what is the cause of this problem? Thanks in advance.
>
> Wei Tian MetaEdge Corp. http://www.metaedge.com

I don't know the answer but I do know that you would have fixed the job when you had choosen to build the database from scratch and convert the data using exp/imp. This is a very secure way to work compared to the mig80 utillity. It took me several day's before I gave up using it. --
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home)

The best way to accelerate a machine running windows is at 9.8 m/s^2 Received on Wed Oct 07 1998 - 13:53:08 CDT