Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager Question

From: Donna Gearing <donna.gearing_at_hydro.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:51:07 -0400

Preferrably you should place the repository on a separate machine. Do not use OEM 7.3.4, use 1.5 or 1.6 which comes with Oracle 8. They are the first versions that seem to work. I was running 1.5 against 7.3.3.5.2 and I have just setup 1.5 against 7.3.4. I had to work around bugs in the product. Currently I only trust it to do monitoring. I will gradually add functionality as I test it and determine what works. I have not tried it against any Unix servers.

We use Arcserve & Arcserve Oracle agent to back up our servers.

Donna