Re: SqlNet Connection from Oracle 8 to Oracle 7

From: Rob <rob_at_ohall.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:04:59 +0200

Hi Dave,
on this machine I have only the Oracle8 instance !( the Oracle 7 Server is  on an other machine in net), and there is only the Net80 directory When I connect to the local Oracle8 Server over sqlnet, from the same machine, I get
the connect ( connect user/pwd_at_tnsname ). But not to the Oracle7. My tnsnames for the Oracleservers has the same name as the dns-names in TCP/IP Net.
Normally I have no problems with this names.

I wonder and hope that sombody has the solution... TIA
Rob