Re: Please recommend a disk configuration for the server

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/10/06

If having three disks per controller is possible, this solution will protect you from disk faliure and faliure of losing a controller, while keeping a high performance (on an I/O standpoint). If you have three disks (A,B,C) on controller One...then the SYSTEM and TEMP Tablespace should reside on DiskA. RBS and APPL1_INDEX tablespace should reside on DiskB. APPL1_DATA and TOOLS Tablespace should reside on DiskC. The other three disks on Controller2 should be mirrors of A,B and C. Like I said, If disk A,B or C crashes, you will still have the mirrored Disks available. If Controller1 goes down, you still have acces to your data via Controller2. RAID is not an option, if Performance is your beef. Plus, if the controller to the RAID box goes down, is there a redundant controller?

Good Luck,
Satar Naghshineh

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin