SEQUENCE values as default...

From: Jeremy Burton <jpburton_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 11:49:19 +1000

Hi there,

            Have what is quite possibly a frequently asked question about sequence numbers (although I can find nothing about it in the documentation or one or two books I have here). Basically, I am trying to use a sequence number to uniquly identify every row in a table. Given the way in which i am programming this stuff, it is not really feasible to use "insert into mytable values (myseq.nextval, blah blah)"... So I am wondering if there is a way to use the next value as a default, or failing that, do I need to use triggers or something similar for this?

Thanks

Jeremy Burton Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 20:49:19 CDT