Re: SqlNet Connection from Oracle 8 to Oracle 7

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 00:36:08 GMT

Hi Rob:

On the ORACLE8 box, you will probably have two tnsnames.ora files: one in \network\admin and one in \net8\admin. It sounds like one of these has the connection information for the ORACLE7 instance, and the other does not. The ORACLE8 instance will attempt to connect to the ORACLE7 instance using NET8, so it sounds like the entry for the ORACLE7 instance is probably missing from the /NET8/ADMIN/tnsnames.ora.

Good luck,
Dave