SqlNet Connection from Oracle 8 to Oracle 7

From: Rob <info_at_ohall.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 23:32:33 +0200

Hi,
I can not solve this simple Problem:

I try to connect to my Oracle 7.3 Server from a Machine where Oracle 8.0x is running using ServerManger :

connect username/password_at_tnsname
I get the message

ORA-12505 The listener could not resolve SID given in connect description.

The sqlnet works in a different way.

The tns entry seams correct because I can get the connection when I use the same connect string from an application ( Java)

Can anybody help me
TIA Rob Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 16:32:33 CDT