Re: failed to authenticate user when running batch job in enterprise manager

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:10:08 +0200

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998 15:24:56 +0200, Kevin Everest wrote (in message <3618c73f.19030824_at_news.demon.co.uk>):

> Dear all, I know what you guys are going to suggest;
>
> Ensure that the preferred credentials for the node have been setup in
> Enterprise manager with a local NT user account which has 'logon as batch
> job' setup as a user right.

Where does the database run ? The credentials for that node should be setup. The 'login as batch job' is only needed when loggin in on a NT server that's running the database.
My experience with the dbsnmp agents is that it starts to become a little more stable in 8.0.4. A solution for many problems could be to trash $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent/*.q. This is especially true when migrating software versions.
I run the 8.0.5 agents on a 7.3.4 dbs on HPUX-11 and aix 4.1.5 using OEM 1.6

--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home)

The best way to accelerate a machine running windows is at 9.8 m/s^2 Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 13:10:08 CDT