Re: Understanding the output from SHOW SGA

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 17:43:46 GMT

First off, The sizes are the max sizes allocated to Oracle. The sizes were determined by the parameters set in your init<sid>.ora file. Second, here are the difinitions of the Fixed and Variable Sizes: Fixed size is the space reserved for general database and instance information; no user data is stored there. Variable size is space for the shared pool, sort areas, and other user-related data.

Good Luck,
Satar Naghshineh

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin