Re: RAID and Redo Logs

From: Liz Reen <Liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:31:06 -0400

In article <36170F95.16BD_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>, by2_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca says...
> I was told by a DBA that the disk where the redo log resides should not
> be configured as RAID. Is it true and why? Thank you in advance!
>
> Brian

RAID 5 performance is only good when the percent writes is under 25. Redo logs are written to much much more often than read. RAID 0+1 is very appropriate for redo logs as it gives both speed and redundancy.

Liz
--
My real address is L R E E N a t P E R R I E R G R O U P d o t C O M Received on Tue Oct 06 1998 - 11:31:06 CDT