Re: Auto Start Oracle on HPUX

From: Rolf Hauck <Rolf.Hauck_at_datenrevision.de>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 08:42:55 +0200

If you add your instance to /etc/oratab, it will be started at system boot and stopped at system shutdown.
Example:
#

# This file is used by ORACLE utilities. It is created by root.sh # and updated by the ORACLE7 and SQL*Net install procedures.

#
#  A colon, ':', is used as the field terminator.  A new line terminates
#  the entry.  Lines beginning with a pound sign, '#', are comments.
#
#  Entries are of the form:
#      $ORACLE_SID:$ORACLE_HOME:<N|Y>:
#
#  The first and second fields are the system identifier and home
#  directory of the database respectively.  The third field indicates
#  to the dbstart utility that the database should, "Y", or should not,
#  "N", be brought up at system boot time.
#
#  Multiple entries with the same $ORACLE_SID are not allowed.
#
#

testdb:/var/appl/local/oracle/product/7.3.2.3:Y

Rolf