Re: how to backup complete tablespace?

From: zw <dstr055_at_ibm.net>
Date: 6 Oct 1998 03:39:07 GMT

you can do a user export. this will export all the objects in the user's schema to a dump file. When you back to your office, do a user import to restore all the objects to your Oracle server. See Oracle Server Utility guide for detail.

Wei

rspeaker_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <6v2su3$g2j$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> you could do something like
>
> select table_name from sys.dba_tablespaces
> where tablespace_name = '<customer tablespace to be backed up>';
>
> then export all the tables belonging to that tablespace. Take the export
file
> back to your office and import into your database.
>
> -Roy-
>

> In article <6v0h8i$lb6_at_journal.concentric.net>,
> schaubro_at_mindspring.com (Tim Schaubroeck) wrote:
> > I do client support for a program which works with oracle databases.
We want