large file sizes

From: John Kane <john-kane_at_uiowa.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 14:33:26 -0500

We are planning to migrate our data warehouse from a 580 RS/6000 to a IBM H50. We plan on putting all the indexes on one RAID box with eight 9 GB drives and all the data on another RAID box with eight 9 GB drives. After the parity and hot swap drive we would have 54 GB for indexes and 63 GB for data. Each of these would be configured as a mount point. The Oracle tech I talked to said this would be fine. The IBM tech rep I talked to said it was not a good idea to have a file system that large. Does anyone see any problem with these large file systems?

Thanks in advance.
I will summarize any results I receive. Received on Mon Oct 05 1998 - 14:33:26 CDT