Re: ORACLE Workgroup Server for IRIX64/R10K, Can it work?

From: Scott W. Douglass <scott_at_keiler.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 11:57:40 -0400

Ok, as userid oracle7, I can use sqlplus. Why is there no motif server manager (svrmgrm)?

Another problem though, when I run dbstart

SVRMGR> Connected to an idle instance.
SVRMGR> ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area       4242412 bytes
Fixed Size                       57092 bytes
Variable Size                  4054248 bytes
Database Buffers                122880 bytes
Redo Buffers                      8192 bytes
ORA-01506: missing or illegal database name SVRMGR>
Server Manager complete.

Database "WG73" warm started.

Where's the database? Shouldn't there be a sample database installed by default?