Oracle Max # extents reached

From: <adiska_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 14:42:06 GMT

I am using Personal Oracle 7.3.3.0 for Windows NT and I have developed an application. I would like to update a field from 0 to 1 after an operation is completed. This works fine most of the time, however during stress testing I filled the table completely full and tried the update. I was told that I could update an existing value (a non-null value) even if the table was full. However I did recieve the error ORA-01631: max # extents reached in table. It is important to always update this value, even if the table is full.

Is it possible to update a single value, even if the table is already full? Does it matter, that the value I am trying to reset was initially set to an automatic default value when the row was created?

Thank you in advance.