Multi-byte databases.

From: Julian Hare <jbhare_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 00:50:14 +1000

Hi,

I need clarification on my understanding of how how multi-byte NLS works. If I create a database with a character set of ZHT16BIG5 (BIG5 Traditional Chinese), and I create a table with a field description of: NAME VARCHAR2(32)
Can I enter 32 characters into this field, or only 16?

Thanks in advance.
julian. Received on Mon Oct 05 1998 - 09:50:14 CDT