Oracle 8 on Linux

From: Bernd Beier <bbeier_at_de.pepperl-fuchs.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 11:45:34 +0100

Hello,

I have some problems with running Oracle on Linux. It seems to be a little complicated for an Oracle novice administrator. I have got the prerelease of the Linux Oracle 8.0.5 .

My questions:

How can I learn how to administrate an Oracle server? There are not enough informations on the CD for a beginner! Do you know good books?

The documents say to set some kernel parameters. Must I hack the include files of the kernel and recompile it?

How do I start the database engine?
I do not know how to start the damn biest.

Bye.
--

Bernd Beier               Tel.  : +49 621 776-1115
Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH        e-mail: bbeier_at_de.pepperl-fuchs.com