Re: Shutdown Oracle on NT Server

From: <jerome_villafruela_at_yoni.fr>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 07:23:00 GMT

In article <6v9ja6$g2d$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   stuart.crawford_at_usa.net wrote:
> I would like to shutdown my Oracle 7 Server on NT, so I can back up my
> database at night using NT backup, what I am doing right now is during the
> day, stopping the oracle services and backing up the dbase, I am looking for
> the commands so I can write a file that shuts down these services or if there
> is a switch that NTBackup has to back up live databases

You may use the oradim73 program (oradim72 if you're running Oracle 7.2) : To shut down the db :
c:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -shutdown -sid <SID> -usrpwd <Instance Password> - shuttype srvc,inst -pfile c:\orant\database\init<SID>.ora To start the database after the backup : c:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -startup -sid <SID> -usrpwd <Instance Password> - starttype srvc,inst -pfile c:\orant\database\init<SID>.ora

Hope this helps,

Jérôme