Re: Personal Web Server

From: Everett <wlittle_at_ns.net>
Date: 1998/10/04

Ya sure. What happens is that I can view that pages on my local machine through my browser ONLY when I connect to the Internet. If I am not online, I get an error message through my browser saying that it cannot find
http://MyMachine/

I also cannot view the web page at that address when I am online from my other networked
machine. The only thing I can thing of is that it cannot view the pages while I am off-line
because of the lack of and IP address. But if that is the case, how do I get a local IP
address so that I can view the pages offline and over a network. I have no intention on having
the pages on the Internet. I only want them so that I can set up a small web-based intranet
over my small home peer-to-peer network. I am using an IPX and NETBeui protocol over the local
network now and a TCP/IP protocol to connect to the Internet.

Do I need an TCP/IP protocol binded to my NIC in order for this to work? I tried that and the setting were the same as the ones that I use for the Internet
connection so I did not want to change them at all because though that I might
mess up my Internet connection protocol.

Do you think you know what the problem is. any help would be appreciated.