Re: Backing up Oracle 7 db with Seagate

From: Daniel Brewer <dwbrewer_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 20:53:19 GMT

Finally got to install the Oracle Backup Agent last week. It seems to work just fine. Once setup, you can see all of the data files associated with an instance. You can choose to back it all up or certain pieces. You do have to add a user to the instance following the instructions in the Agent's manual.

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:48:09 GMT, dwbrewer_at_mindspring.com (Daniel Brewer) wrote:

->We are implementing Oracle 7.3 and NCA 10.7 on two Dell 6300
Poweredge
->servers. I am backing up the database by remotely shutting down the
->services on both servers (using rcmd from the NT Server Resource
Kit).
->One server is a forms server and the other is the database server.
We
->have Seagate Backup Exec 7.25 and we have purchased the Oracle
Backup
->Agent, but I have not installed it till this weekend when I
->reconfigure the RAID arrays on these machines. I will have more
after
->this weekend on how a "hot" backup works (or doesn't)
->
->On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:08:12 GMT, adam_at_atcomgroup.com wrote:
->
->->Hi,
->->
->->It's not the most common request, but has anyone got an Oracle 7
->->database on an MS Small Business Server platform. If so, i'd love
->->hear from you!
->->And if you also backed the data up via Seagate Backup Exec's
Oracle
->->Agent, well you'd just make my day(sad)
->->
->->Thanks
->->
->->Adam