Any trick to transform "DADD2PBA" to "ABDP2" ?

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 15:16:28 +0200

I'd like to know how many different characters are in a string, possibly by first transforming it into a string that has only one occurence of each character. Like transforming "DADD2PBA" to "ABDP2", or to "DA2PB". Or just return the value 5 directly...

Of course, some for..loop could help me out. Anyone used a good trick before?

Even more, when I have two strings, I'd like to know which characters exist in both strings, or what characters exist in the first but not in the second string...

Thanks a lot,
Arjan. Received on Sat Oct 03 1998 - 08:16:28 CDT