Re: ORACLE Workgroup Server for IRIX64/R10K, Can it work?

From: doug rady <drady_at_scruffy.engr.sgi.com>
Date: 3 Oct 1998 07:18:59 GMT

In article <361541F2.E18D5D_at_keiler.com>, Scott W. Douglass <scott_at_keiler.com> wrote:
>I've got Workgroup Server 7.3.2 for IRIX. I need to have it running on
>an Origin 200 (dual R10K) under IRIX6.4. The install fails because of
>link problems.

What you need to do is:

  1. 'rm -rf' the ORACLE_HOME that you have installed.
  2. 'setenv SGI_ABI -32' in your environment BEFORE invoking 'orainst' utility.
  3. do your install.

The problem is that there are some .o and .a files created/modified as part of the install process. Once this happens with the wrong ABI setting, your easiest option is to start over from scratch.

You should always have 'setenv SGI_ABI -32' for your Oracle users that will be installing or re-linking the Oracle stuff.

>Is it possible to use the Workgroup Server 7.3.2 on IRIX on this system?
Yes. It is possible and it does work.

doug. Received on Sat Oct 03 1998 - 02:18:59 CDT