[Urgent] HELP: PRO*C supported compiler on Solaris 2.6

From: The man from the great white north <gdallair-nospam_at_geocities.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 02:09:29 GMT

Hi,

We recently upgraded our machine to solaris 2.6 and bought a new machine. The old machine had sun pro c 3.01 on it and we tried to install it on the new machine 9solaris 2.6) but that did not work. Ayway, the CD mentions that Sun pro C 3.01 is for solaris 1.x so i presume it was installed on the old machine when it was running solaris 1.x (When i got the job, they had upgraded the old machine to solaris 2.5.1)

Now, I want to know which version of the C compiler is needed with Pro*C (the one that came with rdbms 7.3.4, 2.2 I think) under solaris 2.6

I already have a CD of SunWorkShop with Sun Pro C 4.42 (or something like that) and i want to know if it works well with pro*C so I can order a licence upgrade from Sun.

A quick reply by e-mail would be appreciated !

Thanks !

Guy Dallaire
Systems Analyst
Centre de recherche industrielle du Québec Ste-Foy, QC, CANADA

Please remove the -nospam from my e-mail to respond Received on Fri Oct 02 1998 - 21:09:29 CDT