Re: dual processor

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 18:06:20 GMT

Hi,

    I disagree with MotoX on this issue. OPQ is not required in order to benefit from the multiple processors in an NT server. With multiple processors and no OPQ it is certainly true that no one query will be able to take advantage of the multiple processors, but whenever more than one query is being operated on you will benefit from the presence of an additional processor.

    Just fire up the performance monitor on and look at the processor activity on your system and you will see that Oracle automatically takes advantage of the additional processors.

regards

Jerry

<907145285.2474.0.nnrp-03.c2de712e_at_news.demon.co.uk>...