Help - Giving a user a high priorty

From: Kevin Seneviratne <kevins_at_connect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 17:21:30 +1000

Hi All

Oracle 7.3.4
Solaris 2.6

I need to give a set of oracle users "high" priority in terms of CPU utilisation. I want these users to get a bigger slice of CPU time than everybody else.

These users log in very infrequently and run transactions - I want these transactions to finish real fast - so have cached, pinned etc. - but want to be able to give them priority.

I don't want to have to use direct OS interference (ie. nice) and User Profiles don't really help here a they only impose limits.

Is there any way I can do this from within Oracle ?

Thanks

Kevin. Received on Fri Oct 02 1998 - 02:21:30 CDT