Re: DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS under NT

From: Tom Sager <tom.sager_at_lgeenergy.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:04:04 -0400

I can't find any references to a limit on this value. I have 4 NT servers, each with 1GB RAM and I have DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS set to 64,000 on each of them (with 8K blocks that's 500MB of buffer space). My experience is with 7.3.3 Enterprise on NT, not 8.0.

I checked the "Getting Started" manual that Pavel referenced below, but the 7.3.3 version rather than 8.0.4 and it does not indicate a limit on DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS. It does give as an example a "large" SGA with 3200 buffers.