Re: What is a Dynamic Performance Table

From: Martin Rapier <M.Rapier_at_shef.ac.uk>
Date: 1 Oct 1998 13:26:54 GMT

In article <360C1C26.6624_at_ml.com>, jmurtagh_at_ml.com says...

>Will a Dynamic Performance Table perform like a normal table?
>What is it other than a read only view?

Yes it looks and behaves just like a normal table - they are not _real_ tables however, but present data extracted from the Oracle kernel, SGA etc in table format. They are not the same as the SYS tables (ie data dictionary etc) which are actual tables, and can be updated and so forth (at your peril of course).

Cheers
Martin

--
Martin Rapier, Database Administrator
Corporate Information & Computing Services. University of Sheffield Tel 0114 222 1137 The opinions expressed here may be those of my employer, or they may not. http://rhino.shef.ac.uk:3001/mr-home/ Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 08:26:54 CDT