Re: Securing 'internal' from ROOT

From: jan <jan_at_tat.dk>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:38:33 +0200

Mimmo Briganti wrote:

> Is there a way to get svrmgrl to prompt for a password on hp-ux systems like
> it does on NT when a 'connect internal' is issued?
>
> The company I work for is trying to secure the database from the following
> scenario:
>
> UNIX SA issues an su - oracle
> svrmgrl ... connect internal
> select * from hr.salaries ...
>
> The UNIX SA is unionized and they don't want him to see management salaries.
> Thanks in advance ...
>
> Mimmo Briganti

It occurs to me that the company has a problem of a non technical nature - legal

perhaps. If you can't trust an employee not to leak confidential information, maybe
you ought to get rid of him? Or maybe he ought to get rid of a company that finds
it imperative to distrust it's employees?

There may be a way - I think I remember something about it - but I don't that's where the solution is.

/jan Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 03:38:33 CDT