Re: Oracle 8.0.4 startup on Solaris 2.5.1

From: <f025033_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 07:41:14 GMT

In article <6uo399$fhb$1_at_cronkite.cc.uga.edu>,   angus_at_iguana.ovpr.uga.edu (Angus Robertson) wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've installed Oracle 8.0.4 on a SPARCstation 20 running Solaris 2.5.1
> - it has 64MB RAM and ~200MB of swap.
>
> However, when I go into svrmgrl and type connect internal, and then startup
> nomount I get these errors:
>
> ORA-27102: out of memory
> SVRM Error: 22: Invalid argument
>
> Thanks for any help!

Hi Angus,

I need some more info: what are the params in the init.ora File? Especially the number of block buffers and the size of the shared pool is interesting. What are the entries in /etc/system for shared mem and semaphores? Did you adjust according to the ora docs for sun?

There should be more detailed information about the error in the trace files. Locate them (if you have an ofa installation they should be under /oracle/app/oracle/admin/_orasid_/udump if not there try the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory).

cu
andy