Re: v$session_wait message

From: Cheng-Jih Chen <cjc_at_interport.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:48:36 -0400

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Jeremiah Wilton wrote:

> Actually, I think that the wait event that means normal, idle client time
> is "SQL*Net message from client," not "SQL*Net more data from client."
> "SQL*Net more data from client" means that the server is expecting
> additional data that the client indicated it was about to send. If you
> wait for a long time on this event, there may me something to tune.
>
> > Cheng-Jih Chen <cjc_at_interport.net> wrote in article <6urfcj$984$1_at_interport.net>...
> > > I'm querying v$session_wait on a particular session and am seeing this:
> > >
> > > EVENT STATUS
> > > SQL*Net more data from client WAITING
> > >
> > > What exactly does this wait event mean? As far as we can tell, the
> > > program shouldn't be stopped at that point.

Yes, it seems to be an issue with the client, which is some sort of Pro*C program. The programmer resolved it this morning, though he's not sure how: he basically changed the execution order of his various procedure calls, and it went away. Thanks for the info, anyway. Received on Wed Sep 30 1998 - 22:48:36 CDT