Re: Weird Table Name in Oracle 7.3.4

From: John Durst <jdurst_at_sky.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:10:08 -0500

Objects in Oracle are automatically converted to upper case in the data dictionary, UNLESS they are included in double quotes (") when they are referenced. Similarly, in commands references are converted to uppercase unless you use double quotes again. try commands such as desc "q198.jan.98", select * from "q198.jan.98";, etc.