Multi-homed TCP/IP SQL*net client

From: <frleong_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:46:55 GMT

Hello!

I have a got multi-homed Windows client machine with two IP addresses. One is connected to the local LAN and the other to a WAN link. The problem is that the server is reachable by both IP addresses (well, it is not the problem, and it is even desirable). I don't know the reason, but the SQL*Net client seems to announce to the server the IP address for the WAN link and as such the server uses the slower link to communicate instead of the faster one. How can I explicitly tell the client to bind to the faster IP address? Thanks in advance.

---

frleong_at_bigfoot.com

http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum Received on Wed Sep 30 1998 - 11:46:55 CDT