Drop user cascade -> object privileges from other users dissapear.

From: Loy&Hutz <loyhutz_at_dinx.de>
Date: 30 Sep 1998 17:38:48 -0200

Drop user cascade -> object privileges from other users dissapear.

When I delete a user, it seems as if all object privileges this user granted to other users disappears,
although I worked with the grant option.

e.g.

User X creates UserY

User X:

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON UserZ..Table1 TO UserY WITH GRANT OPTION all ok.

DROP UserX CASCADE

(Cascade because UserX owns a lot of views)

The object privileges from UserY (for tables from User Z) disappears too ! But I wan´t to keep them.

Is this normal ?
Is there a way to prevent this behaviour ?

Greetings Sven Kunze Received on Wed Sep 30 1998 - 14:38:48 CDT