Triggers - Mutating Table

From: Rishaal Jadoo <rischalj_at_dp.new.iscorltd.co.za>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 07:58:28 +0200

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the MUTATING_TABLE error in some of my triggers. The triggers fire on an UPDATE, and the select which raises the MUTATING_TABLE error does not read the columns being updated. For this reason, we wish to ignore the error.

Currently I have successfully ignored the error by declaring an exception, doing :

Begin
  Declare
  Mutating_Table EXCEPTION;
  PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(Mutating_Table, -4091); Begin

   Begin

      SELECT col1, col2
            INTO  host1,hos2
         FROM  table_which_is_mutating;

       Exception
         When Mutating_Table Then
       NULL;

   End;

 Continues with processing here, but select above does NOT execute.

End;

I would like to know how to get the select to execute, even in the event of the mutating_table error being raised.

Thanks. Received on Wed Sep 30 1998 - 00:58:28 CDT