Prespawned dedicated servers

From: Bryan Grenn <bryan.grenn_at_usa.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 98 02:39:24 GMT

Has anyone tried to use Prespawned Dedicated Servers through sqlnet ????

I've been having a lot of connection problems for a couple of Web apps I support. The connect/query/disconnect 's are killing the listener. I tried MTS, but I don't have enough contiguous memory allocated (UNIX), and the SA says it will take a couple of weeks to get through the paperwork to get the server rebooted with more contiguous memory..

In the mean time I'm looking at trying prespawned servers in my production database. I tried it on test, and a user got an ORA-12637 (which I have never seen). I immediately turned it off. I'm looking for any real world advice anyone would like to share.... Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 21:39:24 CDT