ODBC Driver Errors to Store procedure

From: <goldenge_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 02:18:50 GMT

Hello, Help me please! I work with Oracle v8.0.3(or v8.0.4) for Win NT server4.0. I use the Microsoft Visual Foxpro 5.0 and with the Oracle ODBC Driver(Version 8.0.3. Version 8.0.4.0, Version 8.0.4.0.1, Version 8.0.4.0.2 all download from oracle web site) to connect to the Oracle database server. I create a store procedure or trigger from the Foxpro with ODBC connect. If there are some return code in the statement, then the store procedure or trigger will be compile errors. But when I use the Intersolv Data connect ODBC Driver for Oracle 8. It can work correct. Following are some steps: Assume ODBC datasource : gold In Foxpro: ?sqlconnect('gold','gold','gdi') ---- return 1 ?sqlexecute(1,'create store procedure sp_xxx') ---- The statement with return code (od0a). This operation will return -1 The error messages is : Connectivity error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]Trigger, procedure or function created with PL/SQL compilation error(s).

    But when I change the connection use the Intersolv odbc driver , it will run correctly.

    Also, this statment can run in Oracle worksheet correctly.

  Please help me . Our products must work with foxpro and actively create the store procedure and trigger in foxpro enviroment and through the Oracle odbc dirver, sent the store procedures and triggers to database server.

    Thanks.
    Golden Ge
    Email: goldenge_at_chinasystems-cn.com